[Monitorix-general] Looking for a solution for OpenSuse 13.1
Hauke Meyer
2014-08-20 11:52:46 UTC
Dear all,

I am looking for a hint to get a working monitorix installation on an
OpenSuse 13.1 system. The last information I could get is "use the rpm
package" (two years old), but this leads me to an early fatal error. In
earlier times there was a mentioned an OpenSuse installation support but
not in the actual packages.

Any hint would be really nice!

hawkey
Hauke Meyer
2014-08-20 12:26:40 UTC
ah, I found what I was looking for in the Git-repository. Inside Git was
a Makefile which was helpful (make install-systemd-all).

Sorry to bother you!
hawkey
Jordi Sanfeliu
2014-08-20 14:25:10 UTC

Yes, and thanks to graysky user
<https://github.com/mikaku/Monitorix/pull/62>, the latest version 3.6.0
(just released today), comes with a new Makefile that should help you
either install Monitorix in your system or build a Monitorix package.
Hauke Meyer
2014-08-20 14:53:25 UTC
I don't know where or whom to write this: There is a bug inside the
Makefile, because it misses to install the *.pm file from source-dir to
/usr/lib/monitorix. Instead they where installed to /var/lib/monitorix.
The monitorix executable expects them in /usr/lib/monitorix.

Great tool!
I was looking for something like this for ages ;-) In the good old times
"orca" and the seToolkit had this job, but using an interpreted language
has a lot advantages here.

Hawkeye
Hi,
Jordi Sanfeliu
2014-08-21 07:15:12 UTC
Post by Hauke Meyer
I don't know where or whom to write this: There is a bug inside the
Makefile, because it misses to install the *.pm file from source-dir to
/usr/lib/monitorix. Instead they where installed to /var/lib/monitorix.
The monitorix executable expects them in /usr/lib/monitorix.
You're right, almost at the same time, the graysky user was also aware
of that bug and it pushed a commit [1] to the tree that should fix it.

This will be reflected in the news page with a link to be able to get
the new (patched) 'Makefile', or alternatively it will be released a new
version soon.

In the meantime, please, feel free to download the new 'Makefile'
directly from the Git tree [2].

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

[1] -
https://github.com/mikaku/Monitorix/commit/2c79130cef0202361f807c6684932c8702df9aae#diff-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
[2] - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mikaku/Monitorix/master/Makefile
Post by Hauke Meyer
Great tool!
I was looking for something like this for ages ;-) In the good old times
"orca" and the seToolkit had this job, but using an interpreted language
has a lot advantages here.
Hawkeye
I'm glad to know that you are enjoying Monitorix.
Best regards.
--
Jordi Sanfeliu
FIBRANET Network Services Provider